These social networking sites are specifically popular in international countries. They are intended to provide easier networking to residents of a specific country. If you look at Friendster, it is a worldwide social networking site but it is especially popular in countries other than the United States. Another one being Biip is a social networking site that has been designed for the Norwegian audience.
Every internet marketer should join some social networking sites. These help you to connect with your business prospects, friends and others sites cater for your hobbies or leisure activities. These are additional social networking sites on the internet that should be used to promote your online business and the list is general.
1. Friendster - www.friendster.com
2. Face Party – www.faceparty.com
3. Biip - www.biip.no/
4. Cloob – www.cloob.com
5. Friends Reunited – www.friendsreunited.co.uk
6. IRC Galleria – www.irc-galleria.net/index.php
7. Cyworld - us.cyworld.com
8. Frühstückstreff - www.fruehstueckstreff.org
9. Grono – www.grono.net
10. Fotolog – www.fotolog.com
11. Habbo - www.habbo.com
12. iWiW - www.iwiw.hu
13. hi5 - www.hi5.com
14. Hyves – www.hyves.nl
15. Profile Heaven – www.profileheaven.com
Niche Networking Sites
These are social networking sites that are designed toward catering for particular interests like shoe addicts, ballet dancers, spirulina, guitar players, nail technicians, bibliophiles, spa breaks, generation x, coffee enthusiasts or pop culture.
1. Amie Street – www.amiestreet.com
2. Buzznet – www.buzznet.com
3. Cake Financial – www.cakefinancial.com
4. BlackPlanet – www.blackplanet.com
5. Elftown – www.elftown.com
6. TravBuddy – www.travbuddy.com
7. Broadcaster - www.broadcaster.com
8. Advogato - www.advogato.org
9. ANobii – www.anobii.com
10. Care2 – www.care2.com
11. Eons – www.eons.com
12. CafeMom – www.cafemom.com
13. Geni – www.geni.com
14. Goodreads – www.goodreads.com
15. Travellerspoint Travel Community – www.travellerspoint.com
16. Flixster – www.flixster.com
17. Library Thing – www.librarything.com
18. Lifeknot – www.lifeknot.com
19. Plaxo – www.plaxo.com
20. Gossip Report – www.gossipreport.com
21. Guild Café – www.gamerDNA.com
22. Hospitality Club - www.hospitalityclub.org
23. Sci Space, www.scispace.net
24. WAYN – www.wayn.com
25. La.st.fm, www.last.fm
26. One World TV - tv.oneworld.net
27. Ravelry - www.ravelry.com
28. Live Mocha – www.livemocha.com
Younger Generation Networking Sites
These networking sites are best suitable for younger generations and students.
2. Gaia Online – www.gaiaonline.com
3. College Tonight – thequad.com
4. Reunion – www.reunion.com
5. NeoPets – www.neopets.com
If you use each one of these social networking sites, they are a good solid way to drive targeted traffic to your website, articles or your online business. These are there to be used for networking and getting to know the community that is using them.
It is a social networking site and there are rules to be followed by all. You do not have to put out your sales pitch when others are discussing issues important to them. Your posts should be useful to the audience and it should be relevant to the target market you are focusing on. If you are not following these rules, you may be kicked out for being spammer.
Some of the sites are highly targeted and the marketing strategy you may want to use may not be useful. Be very creative in the posts you make. If rules are not followed and if you are considered not to fit in with the rest of the audience, your posts will be deleted for violating the terms of service of the social networking site.